25 October 2007

The Earth on Fire

No this is not a story about the California wildfires and the insane claim from the Eco-religionists that it is all a result of global warming. After Mass today my son suggested I should write about today's Gospel where Jesus said to his disciples: “I have come to set the earth on fire,and how I wish it were already blazing! Jesus did not mean physical fire but the fire of Charity which evidently the world was and still is lacking. When we look at the traits of a knight we see how many of them are elements of Charity; courteous in receiving strangers, liberal in gifts, magnificent and noble in actions, magnanimous in enterprises, and incomparable in clemency. Let us practice these traits and pray for an increase in our fervor of love for Jesus and neighbor. May we one day be able to say the same words as St. Paul, "it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me." If we seek peace in the world it will not come from political activity, government programs, etc., but from each one of us imbued with the love of Jesus Christ. Here is a short prayer that we can say frequently throughout the day.

V. Cor Iesu, flagrans amore nostri.
R. Inflamma cor nostrum amore tui.

V. Heart of Jesus, burning with love for us.
R. Set our hearts on fire with love of Thee.

No comments:

Disclaimer

This blog and the opinions are all my own and in no way imply the endorsement from any organization. Nor does a recommendation of another blog or web site imply my agreement or endorsement of everything found on their site.