19 September 2010

Blessed John Henry Newman - How To Be Perfect

In honor of Blessed John Henry Newman, who obviously followed his own advice, I refer to this quote of his on what you are to do in order to be perfect. There are many excellent books on the spiritual life but I love this quote as it condenses everything into a simple means that is not beyond any of us. God bless you Blessed John and having reached this step may you soon be counted among the Saints.










If you ask me what you are to do in order to be perfect, I say, first -- Do no lie in bed beyond the due time of rising; give your first thoughts to God; make a good visit to the Blessed Sacrament; say the Angelus devoutly; eat and drink to God's glory; say the Rosary well; be recollected; keep out bad thoughts; make your evening meditation well; examine yourself daily; go to bed in good time, and you are already perfect.

No comments:

Disclaimer

This blog and the opinions are all my own and in no way imply the endorsement from any organization. Nor does a recommendation of another blog or web site imply my agreement or endorsement of everything found on their site.